Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My First "Blog"...

Wow. My first blog. Exciting. I have wanted to start this for a long time. I have two reasons. #1 to keep my dear Floridian family and my awesome Godmother and my great friends/family all over the world...in touch with my children's lives. Some of us live so far apart and only get to spend snapshots of our lives together. This will be a daily or weekly view into the Dirks' household. Let me tell you...there is A LOT that goes on everyday. Crazy things...like destin (over night butt cream) all over the bathroom...marren's hair...walls. Or Mylee walking and talking at 9 months old. Maxwell swimming across the swimming pool for the first time. Tremendous. Glorious moments that I want to freeze and keep fresh in my mind forever. I come to reason #2. I want to REMEMBER all of this great stuff that is going on. I don't want to find myself 50 and NOT remember the little good stuff that makes us up. Why is Marren so bossy?? Can a 9 month old throw a temper tantrum?? Does Max only eat 3 things?? I want to type it and publish it and keep it forever!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad you started this so we can keep up with the latest from your family while we're in Singapore! Can't wait to see photos!

    xoxo-Matt, Vicki & Kasey Rameker-Rogers

    ReplyDelete